Deadline for submissions: 23rd September 2015.
Funding a new generation of storytellers – open for entries.
DO YOU HAVE DREAMS OF PUBLISHING A BOOK?
The GOODFRUIT Literary Contest, is the first of its kind – a national ‘call’ to passionate writers who want to bring their literary imaginations to life through the power of crowdfunding.
The GOODFRUIT Literary Contest is looking for anyone who has an idea, a plot or a story that they want to pen. It could be a spy thriller, a biography, a children’s book, a love story or a fantasy epic.
“We’re looking for writers and books that push boundaries. Inspirational authors like C.S Lewis were bold writers and we want to continue in that spirit and see a new generation of writers who will stretch the imagination of culture” says Anthony O-Thomas, founder of GOODFRUIT.
Entry submission: August 24th – September 23rd 2015
Judging period: September 24th – October 23rd 2015
Winner announced: October 26th 2015
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1)Summary (50 words max)
2)Synopsis/Overview (300 words)
3)Excerpt/sample (1000 words max)
4)Genre (poetry, fiction, graphic novels, comics, novellas, non-fiction and auto/biographical)
5)Contact: Telephone number, city, email, age
6)About the author (50 words max)
7)How did you hear about the GOODFRUIT Literary Contest?
8)Why do you want to crowdfund your book? (100 words max)
9)How would you rate your level of understanding of the crowdfunding process? (please state: low, medium, high and give a reason)
Three winners will be selected and will win:
1)A GOODFRUIT crowdfunding campaign to raise funding and build a team in order to successfully self-publish your book
2)Mentorship from esteemed writers
3)Representative and further book distribution support if your campaign is successful and fully funded
Dust off that pen and paper, tweak and perfect your latest creative writing piece, share this opportunity with other great writers and prepare your literary idea for the GOODFRUIT Literary contest.
“Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.” – C.S Lewis
- The GOODFRUIT Literary Contest is organised by GOODFRUIT.
- The Contest is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is not excluded by these Rules. There is no upper age limit for entry.
- The deadline for entries is 5pm (UK time) on Thursday 24th September 2015. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Entrants must submit an entry via email within the guidelines as specified. Any entries not containing all appropriate information may not be considered.
- Authors can be previously published, self-published or unpublished.
- Entrants can only submit once.
- All work submitted for consideration can be on any subject, and written in any style or form, but must be the entrant’s own original writing, and should not have appeared in print or appear on a website (including blogs and social networking sites) or have been broadcast, for the duration of the GOODFRUIT Literary Contest. Work found to be published in print or on a website or to have been broadcast may be disqualified.
- All work must be typed or word-processed, clearly legible and written in English. Entrants can include illustrations or artwork.
- Translations into English of work written in other languages can be accepted, provided that the source text is the entrant’s own original work and has not been published (in print or on a website including blogs and social networking sites) or submitted for consideration elsewhere; translations into English of work published (in print or on a website including blogs and social networking sites) elsewhere in other languages will not be accepted
- All entries will be made anonymous. Judges will not be privy to entrants’ names during the reading and judging processes. Names will be reattributed to entries only after the short list and winners have been decided.
- Entries submitted for consideration may be withdrawn from the Contest by notification in writing by the entrant (by email).
- Amendments cannot be made to entries after they have been submitted; work cannot be amended, corrected or substituted.
- Entries will not be returned under any circumstances.
- GOODFRUIT reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Rules, or made a false declaration on the entry form.
- GOODFRUIT cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest